Let me Live in the Light Of His love...the Wayfarer 8/13/16

Image result for light of his love, bible art

Let me Live in the Light Of His Love
 8/13/16

John 12: 35-36
35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Walking and living in the Light of the love given us by Christ Jesus never meant, and still does not mean walking an easy and comfortable path as that light shines brightly through a darkness that still has no understanding of that light.
That darkness continues its attempt to consume and extinguish that light, as it did from the moment it was lit when Jesus came to bring it to us.
The flame of that light is FAITH, a flame that may flicker in the onslaught of the wind, or flare brightly despite that wind, using the wind itself to feed the fuel of that faith, brightening when the attempts of the wind would put it out.
Today’s title comes from a gospel song done in concerts across the country years ago, relegated as an add on as secular songs grabbed the attention of those in attendance, making it no less moving, no less prayerful and no less pertinent either then or now.
 Let me Live in the Light Of His love
(Charlie Pride)

Let Him always Walk beside me
Let Him take my Hand and guide me
Let me live In the light of His love
'Till I reach that Great tomorrow
Where there'll be no Pain and sorrow
Let me live in the light Of His love

Let me live, let me live In the light
Who can give Let it shine Like the sun Up above
Let me live let me live Every night every day
Let me live in the light Of His love

When my life Is heavy laden
Seems like all my Dreams are fadin
Let me live In the light of his love
For a hard past Filled with sadness
He can touch and Fill with gladness
Let me live In the light of his love

Let me live, let me live In the light
Who can give Let it shine Like the sun Up above
Let me live let me live Every night every day
Let me live in the light Of His love

The scripture from which the opening verse was taken is a passage proclaiming both warning and promise, giving prophecy, that prophecy fulfilled through the life, sacrifice and resurrection of the One who spoke the words, Christ Jesus.

“The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing, behold the world is gone after him.
And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast:
The same came therefore to Phillip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.
Phillip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Phillip tell Jesus.
And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
Verily, verily I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
He that loveth his life shall lose it: and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
Father glorify thy name.
Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
The people therefore, that stood by and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.”
(John 12:19-33)

The Pharisees were disgruntled that people saw the miracles performed and had begun to follow Jesus, and listen to his teachings. They were already beginning to plot for his death. The things done and said by Jesus had begun to be broadcast about, and the group of Greeks that came to see him came to see for themselves whether He was real. Jesus told them clearly what his mission on earth was and that he had to die a physical death to accomplish it. To further reinforce their witness, and to make their belief stronger, God spoke to Jesus in their presence. There was dispute among them as to what the voice was, since they didn’t understand that it spoke only for their benefit.
Jesus goes on to tell them to accept him while they have the opportunity. His statement about walking in darkness fits perfectly into where we often find ourselves in the society in which we live now.
It is that darkness that substitutes the laws of men for the laws of God, allowing the persecution of those who seek to maintain their rights to worship, and work in the manner they believe to be righteous.
It is that darkness that inserts itself into the inner workings of hospitals, schools, and even established religious organizations, through our federal government, and the governments around the rest of the world, some of which openly ban Christianity itself.
If we allow this darkness to overtake us, we will find ourselves in the same circumstances as these nations, long considered to be far less civilized than those of us who have practiced and preached Christianity through the last two thousand years. It is this darkness that would take us back to the stone age, and destroy what has taken so long to build, here, and in the Christian nations around the world.
The 37th through the 43'd verse tells us that many would not believe in him despite the miracles performed, and gives reference to the prophesies of Isaiah that predicted this very disbelief! It also references the fact that although some of the leaders did believe, they refused to confess that belief because they would rather have the praise of the Pharisees. We already know that Jesus said that whoever denied him on this earth would be denied by the Father!
Although we may have not personally heard the voice of God telling us that Jesus is glorified, we have the witness of those who did, in this scripture, and through the witness of all before us who believed in Christ.
We must therefore walk in the light provided us by that witness and shine it as brightly as possible so that others can find their way out of the darkness of disbelief. We need to hate the sin of this world and seek to overcome it constantly through repentance to Jesus. If we seek to improve our own faith, it cannot but help to aid others in their search for faith!
The 44th verse through the 50th says:
“Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
(John 12:44-50)
If we put our faith and belief in Jesus, We have the light needed to walk through the trouble and sin of this world. His Holy Spirit is there for our comfort and solace whenever needed to provide that light for us.
If our witness goes unheard, or our advice on things spiritual is ignored, we are not to be judgmental, but remember that there is a judge who sees and knows all. Let us walk in His light daily and guide others in their search for that light.


2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day