Behold, I have put my Words in thy Mouth...the Wayfarer 1/23/16


Behold, I have put my Words in thy Mouth
1/23/16


“Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Then said I, Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.”
(Jeremiah 1:4-8)


Jeremiah was a wayfarer!

Take note that he was chosen to be a prophet “UNTO THE NATIONS”  not only to Israel, but to the world at large as well!

He is recognized as one of the “greater” prophets, and his prophecies hold pertinence still today as they have through history since they were first given him.

The value of his words of warning and of comfort for those who chose to hear them still resound loudly in the ears of any willing to take the time to hear them and recognize that pertinence to the days and times that exist today.

His prophecies, both the warnings and promises that were given to Israel, have been fulfilled throughout the world time and again, and continue to be fulfilled now as well.

Along with Isaiah, yet another chosen wayfarer, his words were quoted by Christ throughout His ministry as THAT greatest of Wayfarers, gave the final warnings, and greatest of promises ever given to mankind.

Each and every Christian must take up and wear the mantle that was given Jeremiah, before he was formed in the belly, before he came forth from the womb.

This dictate comes from Christ himself in the great commission given, not only his disciples, but all those choosing of their own volition to accept both warning and promise as it was given by HIM.

That dictate was NOT to remain complacently in place, resting on the laurels of what had been attained personally, but to share it with THE WORLD.

At the time of year that this particular dissertation is written, that being the season of Christmas, that is devoted almost entirely to the warm fuzzy of the promise, steeped in the arrival of the Christ Child, a babe, wrapped in swaddling, bringing joy, peace and hope, the tendency is to forget the power held by that Babe.

 He was not just another child welcomed into the world, but the King of kings, and Lord of Lords, to whom all power was given and, by Whom is still held.

It is that King of Kings, Lord of Lords that gave that dictate to both Jeremiah, to go to the world then, and to those NOW willing to truly BE what was commanded by Christ in continuation of the journey of THAT Wayfarer, until its completion, accomplishing THAT dictate given while remaining on that journey, by means of ALL gifts that are given for that accomplishment, whether it be the gift of prophecy given Jeremiah, or the simplicity of humbly performing the tasks assigned to care for the flock of the Shepherd, while increasing that flock, as is intended through small or large contributions of the gifts given to do so.

I pray that this simple sinner, saved by grace through faith in that King of kings, Lord of lords, be able to live up to the intent of any and all gifts given and use them only to the glory of God for the purposes intended, in full knowledge that He alone is in possession of any gifts given, and He alone IS to be glorified for them.

I pray that this soldier, in HIS service be given the strength of body and commitment to fulfil the purpose intended for that service while awaiting its completion, sounding both promise and warning, so that none may claim ignorance of either who have crossed my path during the journey.

The stakes are far too high for any not to know and recognize both that warning and that promise!


2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

Know Peace