Tremble, thou Earth...the Wayfarer 9/15/14

Tremble, thou Earth
9/15/14

(Psalm 114)
"When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of strange language;
Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion.
The sea saw it, and fled: Jordan was driven back.
The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs.
What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? thou Jordan, that thou wast driven back?
Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like lambs?
Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, and the presence of the God of Jacob;
Which turned the rock into a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters."

The need to tremble has not changed, and will not change, the reason for that trembling has not changed, and will not change.
The power that created that trembling is unchanging, as is the promise as well!

(Hebrews 13:5-8)
"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have:; for he hat said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
So that we may boldly say, the Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Remember them which have rule over you, who  have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day and for ever."

Christ has not changed, nor will he. the requirements given by Him have not changed, nor will they. The plan God has is clear, continual, unchanging. The only change that is possible is from within man, individually, and collectively.
That change continues to lie within the choices made, individually, and collectively.
Hope, may only come through choice, and may be given only with that change, without which the choice has been made to abandon hope and the promise made, for the temporal and temporary.
Power to grant those hopes still resides only in the single entity holding it, and its alternative as well.

(Revelation 1:17 &18)
" And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead, and he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

If that is not cause to tremble, then there is no trembling needed.
The world trembles, whether men do or not.
The promise is delivered, the warning is delivered, choice remains with mankind and each man.

I tremble...in anticipation of the promise!


2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus!
Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day