Seek Ye FIRST...the Wayfarer

See the source image

Seek Ye FIRST


Matthew 6:33
KJV
 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Seek, a simple word with the simple meaning of search out is used many times throughout the scriptures, many times by Christ in the teachings, parables and warnings left through his disciples, and a word that is experienced in some manner by all taking breath on this ball of mud from which we spring until that ball of mud no longer matters, nor anything within its confines holds any further importance.

No matter how well dressed to convey the  perception of wealth, no matter the actual wealth , whether greater than that perceived or less than that perceived, there is a need to seek a wealth beyond the perception of men, no matter their opinion of self importance or their offended dignity by those seen by them to hold less importance because of station or dress.

How welcome is Christ in the houses of worship who usher in those affluent and influential, yet relegate those of lesser stature to a less than welcome place within their body?

This old preacher, no fan of suits and ties that denote prosperity where none exists once attended a service, to be met at the door by a group discussion of the importance of proper dress as seen by a minister and his governing body.

The discussion was underway, participated in by those wearing only suits, as is the habit of so many that attend services only in "proper" attire.

As I leaned heavily on my cane, removing the discomfort from an injury long past that will never heal, the subject of shoes seemed to be of great importance to them.

My opinion was asked about the need to change shoes for participation in worship was asked and given, at which point I was bluntly told  that I might be more comfortable at another house of worship  holding the same values I espoused and continue to espouse...and indeed I would be more comfortable in such a house of worship!


Luke 18:10-14
KJV
 10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

The wealth of THE Church is the wealth of Christ Jesus!

The righteousness of THE Church is ONLY the righteousness of that same Christ Jesus!

The purpose of THE Church is the worship and glorification of Christ Jesus and the salvation of souls...not soles!

How poverty stricken are those strutting wealth and prosperity on this mudball as their time here comes to a certain end with their having found only that which has been sought first, foremost and last.

As an old sitcom would say, "you have some 'splainin' to do!

The same " 'splainin" must be given by all who profess the necessity of worship, yet deny the power of worship to either themselves or others.


Revelation 3:14-22

King James Version (KJV)

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
2He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

There is a need to gather in prayer and in fellowship, and most importantly in worship for those who have heard and accepted the message of Christ Jesus.... that need also extends to the necessity of making both warning and promise clear to any and all who would SEEK the promise given from the cross, by a man with no suit or shoes, but with a LOVE extended for the souls of the creatures He was sent to be sacrificed for.
That worship of a Savior will be given by souls in a place where the garments worn will all be cleansed by His Blood, no matter how stained or decrepit they once were.
I ask again, how welcome would that ragged and dust covered Savior,  Whose journey was necessitated to bring that warning and promise be, either in the home or heart of those gathering in a finery devoted to the wealth of this mudball, but in poverty of the Kingdom they find no need to seek.
Worldly wealth, holds no possibility of equaling the wealth of eternal life offered only by HIM, to those who BELIEVE in HIM having heard HIS message of repentance and redemption.
Is His message welcome?
Only to those willing to accept it!

2 Timothy 1:12
12For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

Why