“Doth Wisdom not Cry?”...the Wayfarer 4/27/14


“Doth Wisdom not Cry?”
4/27/14


“Doth wisdom not cry? And understanding put forth her voice?”

(Proverbs 8:1)


Today we go back to Proverbs, and to a subject that needs attention by all in this world in which we live, no matter the situation in which we find ourselves.


Wisdom is needed in all situations in life, both in the joys of that life, and in the grief that must also inevitably be faced by each of us throughout that life. This 8th chapter of proverbs gives a little of the insight needed to attain some of that wisdom, and I go also again to the 8th chapter to clarify just where that wisdom may be derived.


“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

(Proverbs 9:10)


Much of the book of Proverbs is devoted to the search for, and content of, that wisdom given to mankind through the many years since Adam and Eve first forsook the complete care and wisdom given them by God and chose instead to search for it in other places by ignoring that which was given them.


Wisdom dies indeed cry. It weeps profusely at the foolish choices made by men whose search is confined to the pleasures and wants of a temporary world, temporary body, temporary existence in that body by an eternal soul left out of that search for what is needed to be completed and satisfied for eternity instead of temporarily.


Understanding comes only from the knowledge of what is Holy, not temporal, but eternal. It comes only with the realization of how ineffectual and insignificant the temporal and temporary is in the great scheme of God’s eternal creation… that soul given each at birth that must return to face the decisions made during that temporary life.


This 8th chapter of Proverbs continues on with a description of how wisdom is so readily available despite the rejection given it by the majority of us inhabiting this pitiful excuse of a human form knowingly or unknowingly awaiting the release of another form intended to be perfect should we only allow it to be so.


“She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of paths.


She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.


Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.


O ye simple, understand wisdom: and ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart,


Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be the right things.”

(Proverbs 8:2-6)


All paths to be taken involve choices, choices to be made in wisdom, or in the foolishness of that which temporarily seems to be what we seek while here in this body, and in this fleshly life that gives both the joy, and pain we each must face.


Wisdom is there, waiting to be taken simply by looking for it, if only we truly seek what is right when we remember that wisdom may only be given through that fear of the ONE TRUE, Omniscient and Omnipotent God that alone has the ability to deliver that wisdom.


It will never be found through the maneuverings and machinations that occur when men’s own teachings are taken over those given by that God. It is only that God that has the ability to show us the right and excellent things planned by Him from the beginning of time.


“For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.


All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing perverse in them.


They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.”

(Proverbs 8:7-9)


Again, I refer to the fact that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, and that wisdom may come only with that very fear, and respect for what His intent is for us, not our intent for ourselves!


“Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than gold.


For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.


I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.


The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the forward mouth do I hate.


Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.


By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.


By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.


I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.


Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.


My fruit is better than gold; and my revenue than choice silver.


I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment;


That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.”

(Proverbs 8:10-21)


As we look at our world today, and its leadership, where is the wisdom of those leaders to be found? On what do they base their leadership, the wisdom imparted by following the precepts and teachings of an almighty God, whose benevolence extends to all who would pay attention to His commandments and laws, or do they base it on their own teachings and the desire for all the things worth so much less than what is given us by God’s love for us?


Are they ruling with humility and in fear of that One Supreme Power that demands obedience, or do they rule in their own arrogance ignoring wisdom in order to attempt to enrich only themselves and their followers?


God will grant His benevolence and blessings only on peoples and rulers who pay attention to the wisdom given through the scriptures, through His laws and commandments, never through those given in contravention to them as given by those greedy arrogant men who seek not His glory, but their own instead.


“The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.


I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.


When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.


Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:


While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.


When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:


When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:


When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:


Then was I by him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him.”

(Proverbs 8:22-30)


Wisdom existed long before mankind, or anything which we know or seek here on this earth which only came about through the wisdom of God, and the Son who was there from the beginning possessing that same wisdom, knowing in advance the necessity for mankind to find it despite our stubborn attempts to find it only through ourselves.


“Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men,


Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.


Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.


Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.


For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.


But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul; all they that hate me love death.”

(Proverbs 8:31-36)



Wisdom may be attained only through the fear of God and the acceptance of the plan established for us form the beginning as given through the teachings of His Son, the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE that is promised by him alone. Those who find that way, will also recognize that truth as given through the absolute wisdom of an all knowing God.


Those who refuse will find only condemnation and death awaiting instead of what was and is intended if we only remember that in order to find wisdom, we must first comprehend our own fallibility and:


“Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”


This remains true whether we seek the required wisdom to understand that simple message or whether we choose to ignore the wisdom given each of us should we actually seek it.

I close once more in prayer that all who have ears hear that simple message and seek the wisdom demanded in order to understand it, find the fear of God that is the beginning of that wisdom, and search it out in heart, mind and soul, accepting the gift of eternal salvation, eternal joy, eternal life, for an eternal soul, given us by an eternal God, whose wisdom is also eternal and far above any given this pitiful creation of His.


I remain that same simple sinner, saved by grace through faith in that eternal God, and that promise of salvation given through the sacrifice of His own Son in the sure and certain knowledge that wisdom, though not yet complete within me will be made complete by Him because of that faith.


I remain also His soldier, proclaiming the necessity for all to seek wisdom, not of man, but of my God.

2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.



Amen and Amen.
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day