STAND TO... the Wayfarer 4/1/13


STAND TO!!!
4/1/13



Today’s message will most probably not be understood by some, misunderstood by others, and most definitely not universally accepted. To many the title will mean little or nothing. To some who have heard this command, it will hold a special meaning as it is intended to do.

Having been a soldier, serving my country for a large portion of my life, I often find myself using the language of that profession. I make no apology for this to those who have no concept of that service, or the words associated with it.

This brief command, with which I open, is one heard far too often over the years, one hated by most soldiers, and feared by others. It is a command to pull your head from your rectum, get off your lazy butt and get into a defensive position because the possibility of attack is imminent.

It was most often given at the most inopportune time of any day, while the release of a peaceful sleep, after a long hard day was being enjoyed... for a few short hours, and in many cases minutes, before facing another day dedicated to staying alive and keeping others alive .

There will be those who refuse to see the necessity of its issuance, and there will be many more who will simply ignore it, and go on blissfully accepting what befalls them, never believing that any attack is possible much less imminent.

STAND TO!!!

I issue this command, not from myself but from a Commander in Chief I have previously mentioned in my attempts to wake up a slumbering people who still haven’t become aware of its necessity.

I issue it to all my brothers in arms who recognize it for what it is, who know the consequences, if it continues to be ignored.

“Whoah preacher, aren’t you supposed to preach love and light and the warm fuzzy that is there for every one?”

I am preaching and do preach that “warm fuzzy” that you seek to hear, but only to those inclined to also hear the rest of the message preached and taught and lived by that Commander in Chief that I have referenced.

Jesus made several statements about the purpose and intent of his coming, his ministry and the sacrifice given for us.

John 3: 17 through 21 tells us:

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come unto the world, and men loved darkness rather than the light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved,

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

 Another quote from this commander in Chief that I give you is from Matthew:

“Think  not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but fulfil.

For verily I say unto you,, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men to do so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”
(Matthew 5:17-19)

STAND TO!!!!

The tenants and teachings of our savior are under attack daily and this attack is being assisted by the government we faithfully served!

It is past time to beat our swords into plowshares in acceptance of peace, and is now the time to melt those plowshares, and hammer them back into the swords they once were!

  Jesus said:

“Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
(Matthew 10-34-39)

STAND TO!!!

Luke also gave witness to the necessity of defense of the faith and savior, again
JESUS said :

“Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end”

(Luke 22:36 &37)

STAND TO!!!!

Those who stand idly by while our faith and the very precepts of God’s laws are taken from us are as guilty as those committing the crime (SIN) of taking them!

Pick up that dusty bible that mom and pop left you years ago, read what Jesus actually taught and what is expected of us.

Paul talks about the need to put on the whole armor of God, it is time to pull that armor out of the garage and put it on, pick up the cross that has been dropped and defend to the death its’ reason for existence.

Again in the plain language of an old soldier, if I sound like I’m ticked off, I am!
STAND TO!!!

Remember that Jesus also said that if we deny Him in front of men, he would deny us in front of his Father! 

I close as always, claiming no special righteousness of my own... a simple sinner saved by God’s grace... and, though showing a little age, still a proud soldier, who believes in that Savior and more than willing to face whatever attack may come, be it at dawn, at dusk or in between. Once more I implore my brothers, and sisters as well…

STAND TO!!


2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Amen and amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day