Peace of Mind

 

Peace of Mind


John 14:27. “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

As a lad, I lay one day upon a bale of hay. The days baling was done and rest required. Rays of fading sunlight pierced through the cracks in the walls of the dilapidated barn where I reclined. Chewing on a golden straw of newly cycled hay, I marveled at a spider on its web. Glittering in the sun ray, the web was in sharp contrast to the glistening black, red spot spider. The spider had worked a wonder beneath God’s helping breath. I did not know the spider. I understood not its net. I was ignorant of its threat. As the sun closed the day, I lay still upon the bale. In sleep my thoughts returned to the spider. She never made a move; content to wait. Her net was set in perfection. Her faith was strong. She did not jump here and there looking for a place to build a better snare. God would deliver her food in time; she truly had no cares. She waited patiently right there.

Morning came and with it an onslaught of rain. A grumble was imminent, but then I saw the spider. Chewing, content and joyful, on a captured moth. She didn’t remember the long wait or the smell of molding hay. She would tarry there for another day.

I sauntered over to the fallen door and yawning, stretching and rubbing sleep filed eyes. An upward look revealed a dark rolling mass of clouds. My spirits dropped; no work today.

Then came the tinkling of a bell; breakfast was served. A speedy washing of hands and face admitted me to the feast. I recalled the spider with her meal and her joy. I surveyed a table set with vittles fit for a king. Giving thanks to God and asking his blessings upon the food, my heart overflowed with joy. I knew then that God had fed the spider and now was feeding me.

We take God’s offer of eternal life. We feel great joy. Then storms come and gloomy clouds flood our lives. Our web, the Holy Spirit, is perfect and strong. Shielded within Him in patience, joy will surly come in the morning. Ephesians 5:10 “Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.” is the key. Knowing what is acceptable to God is listed in His word; Holy Bible. Knowing God and His plans for us, shined new light on the spider, the web, the sun, the rain and the call to refreshments.

John: Chapter 14-1 “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.” Know God ,know peace. Amen 9-30-2020 BLL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day