I Know Who Holds Tomorrow

 

Genesis 8:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

 

Hebrews 13:8 King James Version (KJV)

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

 

Uncertainty, fear, and the turbulence caused by their constant proliferation, envelop the entire globe in anticipation of what MAY occur with each coming tomorrow as the populace of that globe continues to determine for itself what that new day yet to arrive will bring with it.

That fear is conceptualized as an end… an end of what is known, an end to what was imagined to be the solution to perceived problems, and continuation of those and other problems as well.

It is conceptualized as an end to the powers that control that populace, and the coming of powers that will exert unwanted control by those who replace them.

Thus has it been since Adam took the first bite of that forbidden fruit that generated the ideas of man’s ability to solve all his own problems, provide for his own needs without the help of the Provider, believing in the infallibility of man instead of the infallibility of God.

Ideas and concepts that are touted as new, are welcomed by some, rejected by many, while all forget the fact that those same ideas were used by predecessors and were fallible and by nature of their fallibility were destined to failure then and now as well.

It would seem that no matter what side of the equation any individual falls upon, there is an innate and unquestioning fear of the other side of that equation and complete belief in the infallibility of the side taken, and denial of that fallibility by both sides.

There is but one solution to what appears to be a never ending cycle that has continually proven to generate violence and poverty, both perceived, and, real, that occurs as men cling to the precepts and ideologies created by themselves for their own perception of what is beneficial to them, no matter the cost to any other.

Change is the watchword, and that change cannot be instituted nor finished by those who think to do so through the auspices of any power they may think themselves to hold over future events despite how carefully they may plan, unless the plan followed is the plan that has not been changed, and will not be changed, that demands a change of the soul of the creature back to what was originally intended.

Plan B. never has and never will work!

The song chosen for today’s title was copyrighted in 1950 by Ira Stamphill, three years before my birth, and a decade more before my spiritual rebirth that allows me to recognize its relevance and echo its sentiment today, making a point that the plan instituted by God remains in effect, and that fear and uncertainty belong only to those clinging to the realm of the plans instituted by men.

 

“I Know Who Holds Tomorrow”

 

I don't know about tomorrow, I just live for day to day;
I don't borrow from the sunshin,e For it's skies may turn to gray.

I don't worry o'er the future For I know what Jesus said;
And today I'll walk beside Him For He knows what lies ahead.

Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand;
But I know who holds tomorrow And I know who holds my hand.

Ev'ry step is getting brighter As the golden stairs I climb;
Ev'ry burden's getting lighter Ev'ry cloud is silver lined.

There the sun is always shining There no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow Where the mountains touch the sky.

Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand;
But I know who holds tomorrow And I know who holds my hand.

I don’t know about tomorrow, It may bring me poverty;

But the one who feeds the sparrow, is the one who stands by me.

And the path that be my portion, may be through the flame or flood;

But His presence goes before me and I’m covered by His blood.

Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand;
But I know who holds tomorrow And I know who holds my hand.”

 

Any who has heard and heeded the warning given by Jesus to “Repent! For the kingdom of heaven is at hand” and heeded that warning, accepting the promise that “whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” should have no uncertainty, nor fear of tomorrow or what tomorrow will bring…should have no fear of the end of anything that has been built by men, or to be built by men, but should take utter and complete joy in the BEGINNING that awaits because of the plan instituted and completed though the birth, life, crucifixion, and resurrection, that grants us the grace of the knowledge of the Way the Truth and the Life that is yet to begin!

James said it well as he reminded us of the same things pondered by men during his day as those pondered now:

James 4:10-17King James Version (KJV)

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:

14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

 

As for myself, I echo Paul’s summary of where I stand, and pray that others find themselves standing on that same firm rock established for us by Christ Jesus:

2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Amen and Amen!

CMc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

Promise

A Giving Heart