"My Share"...the Wayfarer

"My Share"


Luke 6:38 King James Version (KJV)

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Over and over, again and again, I find the prosperity preachers mouthing the words of this scripture as they promise the undeliverable (for them) in order to increase wealth and fame for themselves, never once considering the souls being robbed by their "prosperity."
As their false message is absorbed into the very fabric of society, each and all want "their Share".
All are interested in just what share belongs to them, and determined to  get that share, covetous of the share of others, jealous of the possibility that some one  else receive a greater share forgetting that hey have another "share" demanded of them from birth that need be given instead of taken.

Matthew 19:16-30 King James Version (KJV)

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Few approach this question of share in light of what has been given, only that which is to be received.

I have received so many blessings in my life, I have no doubt of having received "my share".
Those blessings continue and shall beyond the shallow grave in which my body will eventually be laid. 
Along with those many blessings have come many trials, many seeming curses, many reasons to forget that I too have a share that is required of me, and ANY believer to remember the greatest blessing given me, that of redemption in return for repentance, available only through Christ Jesus, His sacrifice, and the grace delivered me through His blood
Looking back over the years of blessing and curse, my question is not whether I have received or will receive "my share", but, instead, have I given my share.
The "share" that is mine to receive remains far greater than that given, and far more precious than any "share" of earthly wealth, fame, or glory.

2 Timothy 1:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
My prayer in closing, is that each give as well as receive their Share. It is also that each heed the prerequisite that determines that "Share"

Revelation 22:11-14 King James Version (KJV)

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Amen and Amen 
the Wayfarer





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

This Day