Take my Hand...the Wayfarer

Take my Hand

Psalm 31:3 King James Version (KJV)
For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

As time progresses, and the world digresses backward toward the days in which Noah found himself, surrounded by a race that ignored God while promoting evil in all its various forms, it is essential that the believer maintain faith, cling to that which is eternal as opposed to succumbing to the turmoil brought by that evil.

Despite all the national and world events that intrude upon the peace that should rule the hearts of believers, that peace should not be extinguished, nor replaced with the bitterness and anger.
Though both of these are natural and carnal reactions to that intrusion, both of these also in turn breed only more of themselves leading only to still more of that evil, stealing, when allowed that very peace and security when faith and belief are allowed to diminish.

That evil attacks from every possible side, as physical ailments beset us, as financial problems beset us, as the threat is increased continually from without by the heathen who refuse to acknowledge either God or His laws, as well as acknowledging only the laws of self-promotion and gain, an unending litany that is only the repetition of the same things that have occurred throughout the history of man since he first refused the guidance and hand of God in the Garden of Eden.

Today’s title, once more taken from the strains of music that haunt my very soul, reminding me constantly of what has been attained that quells the qualms of each assault, is yet another reminder that endurance of all that is held within those assaults can be to no avail, only temporary and temporal…meaningless when viewed through the eyes of faith in a promise that is eternal.

“Take My Hand, Precious Lord”
“Precious Lord, take my hand
Lead me on, let me stand
I'm tired, I'm weak, I am worn
Through the storm, through the night
Lead me on to the light
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home

When my way grows drear precious Lord linger near
When my light is almost gone
Hear my cry, hear my call
Hold my hand lest I fall
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home

When the darkness appears and the night draws near
And the day is past and gone
At the river I stand
Guide my feet, hold my hand
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home
Precious Lord, take my hand
Lead me on, let me stand
I'm tired, I'm weak, I am worn
Through the storm, through the night
Lead me on to the light
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home”

The hand requested in this old hymn is extended, constantly available to any truly seeking it… the guidance long ago delivered through the scriptures given that provide a firm path through the briers and swamps that lie within the distractions that would pull us from that path without that hand taking the lead.

Fear, anxiety, all cares that may assail us are removed from that path, if the hand taken is that proffered by Christ Jesus, if those fears, anxieties and cares are given to Him for solution instead of turning to the machinations of man who created them.

John 16:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Hold fast that which has been given. Hold fast to Him who gave it.
A statement made, during a particularly dark time of history by a man leading our county through that time was that we have nothing to fear but fear itself.

This statement was, as is most made by any and all politicians, only partially true.

There is something that should BE feared, but only by those promulgating and promoting the theft of peace, that once given may not be stolen, but if not careful may be forgotten.

Matthew 10:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Those refusing to take that hand, and further refuse that guidance are the ones having need to fear.
Though there may come many, constant and continuous assaults, all are doomed to failure, as are those making them, and as is the enemy of God using them to his purposes.

As these assaults come remembrance need be given to what is yet to come.

Jeremiah 29:11 KJV
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”

That expected end comes only in the security of the promise given and delivered by Christ Jesus, still in effect, still offered to those who believe.

Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Always meant and continues to mean always!
Amen and Amen
the Wayfarer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thy will be Done...the Wayfarer 3/15/19

A Giving Heart

Know Peace